Generate a certificate signing request (CSR) with a private key. To do this, follow one of the instructions:
- Go to Inventory and find a certificate for which you want to generate a CSR. Click on a certificate to open a certificate Single View Card. Click the Renew button and check the automatically filled fields. Hit Generate.
- Go to Tools section >> hit CSR generator >> fill in all the required fields >> press Generate.
Once the CSR has generated you can either copy or download it in *CSR and *KEY files.
Note: Keyhub neither generates nor stores private keys on the server-side. Private key material is generated in a browser of the client-side machine.
- Fill in the following information about your future CSR:
- Public Key Option — choose the key size: RSA 2048, RSA 4096, ECDSA
- Algorithm — choose one of the signature algorithm: sha256RSA, sha512RSA, sha256ECDSA, sha512ECDSA
- Common Name — enter the domain name without https://. If you plan to generate an SSL certificate for all subdomains (Wildcard certificate) add “*.” at the beginning of the domain, Example: *.google.com
- Country — two-letter country abbreviation compliant with ISO 3166-2
- Region — the name of your region
- City — the name of your city
- Organization — the exact name of your company or your full name
- Subject Alternate Name (SAN) — allow you to protect one primary and several additional domains by one certificate at the same time или a digital security certificate that allows multiple hostnames to be protected by a single certificate. (optionally)
- Press the Generate button.
- Download or copypaste your PEM CSR and PEM Private Key. Keep your private keys safe!
- Press the Finish button.