Remme Protocol grants voting responsibility to the accounts that have expressed their long-term engagement via staking REM tokens. Once staked, any account gets the ability to vote (in the proportion of 1 staked token = 1 vote). Participants should cast their votes in favor of BPs they trust and believe to be the best candidates to produce blocks responsibly. It is expected that BPs will cast their available votes in their own favor.
- It is permissible to change the candidates’ account votes for and, in this way, immediately vote out the BPs that happen to deliver poor service to the network.
- It is also possible to vote for multiple candidates simultaneously, however, the number of votes they receive would be split equally among the candidates and would total the size of the staked tokens by the BP.
How to vote for Block Producer(s)
The last step to becoming a Guardian is voting:
- Go to https://remchain.remme.io/wallet and log in with Scatter.
- Choose the Vote tab in the web wallet section.
- Press Add Producer and write the name of the producer you are going to vote for. (You are able to vote for several producers! Your voting power will be equally split among all votes)
- Press Generate Transaction.
- A scatter window will pop up. Press the Allow button to confirm the action.